Mediterranean halloumi traybake – The Mail
½ courgette, cut into small chunks
¼ red onion, cut into slim wedges
1 garlic clove, in half
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
120g cherry tomatoes
¼ red pepper, cut into thin strips
100g halloumi cheese, cut into cubes
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp dried chilli flakes, (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Place the courgettes, onion and garlic onto a lined baking tray. Coat with olive oil and toss to ensure evenly coated. Season well. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir through the cherry tomatoes and red pepper, sprinkle over the cumin and chilli flakes (if using) and roast for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add the halloumi cubes and cook for another 10-15 minutes until the tomatoes start to burst and the halloumi starts to brown.
- Best served immediately with some salad greens!