Win a Fully Funded Trip!
– Advertisement –
– Advertisement –
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition, a prestigious Royal Essay Competition, offers young people the opportunity to share their thoughts and ideas on pressing global issues. This year, the competition focuses on the theme “A Youth-Powered Commonwealth” to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Commonwealth Youth Programme. The competition is now open for entries until June 30, 2023, and welcomes participants from all over the Commonwealth.
This Essay program encourages youth to express their perspectives and harness their power for meaningful change. The competition is hosted by the Royal Commonwealth Society for the year 2023. There isn’t any application fee to apply.
About The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition
International writing contest participants are divided into two categories at this year’s conference; Senior Category and Junior Category. Senior category students are those 14-18 years old. In a similar vein, students less than 14 years of age belong to the junior category.
There are, however, different essay topics for each category. The winner of each category is chosen by the judges, and the runner-up is chosen by the public. The following paragraphs describe in detail the topics of the Commonwealth Essay Competition.
You may apply for NSP Scholarships in Slovakia 2023
The judges this year need to hear all the voices of youth regardless of education and region or any other restriction. The QCEC is open for applicants of 18 years or under in age. All applicants will receive a certificate of participation and winners and runner-ups from junior and senior categories would receive a trip to London having different cultural and educational events.
|Fields:||Gold, Silver, Bronze|
|Deadline:||30 June 2023|
Benefits of Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition:
- Certificate of participation to all applicants.
- Trip to London for a week for winners and runner ups in both categories.
- The entry featured in worldwide media.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals.
- Work experience at an international organization.
Additionally, Essay winners may have the opportunity to attend special events and receive awards in recognition of their achievements.
Eligibility Criteria of Commonwealth Essay Competition:
- Applicants who are citizens and residents of commonwealth countries.
- Senior Category (14-18 years of age): born between July 1, 2004, and June 30, 2009.
- Junior Category (under 14 years of age): born on or after July 1, 2009.
- Ireland, Zimbabweans and Hong Kong residents may apply.
- The Royal Commonwealth Society branches of non-commonwealth countries will handle the submissions of their competitors.
Writing Topics for Senior Category
Participants in the Senior Category of this Essay writing competition must choose one of the following topics:
- Write a speech for the Head of the Commonwealth on the importance of young people in decision-making.
- Discuss whether age matters.
- Analyze the impact of the 2023 Year of Youth on the world.
- Script a dialogue between two people with contrasting viewpoints on an issue that divides generations.
Writing Topics for Junior Category
Participants in the Junior Category of this Commonwealth Essay competition must choose one of the following topics:
- Write a letter to your favorite young hero, explaining why you admire them.
- Describe your youthful superpower and how it can positively impact the world.
- Journal your experience on a planet where everyone is 18 or under.
- Explain why your voice matters.
Terms and Conditions of Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition:
- Maximum word counts are 1,500 words for Senior entries and 750 words for Junior entries One entry per participant.
- Only one topic choose
- Written in English
- Relevant to the age group
- Plagiarism not allowed
- Personal details sent to RCS branch and competition partners
- Only uploaded on a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) or in PDF format (.pdf).
- RCS can change the prize if circumstances happen
- Selected content would publish on RCS website
Application Procedure of Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition:
To enter the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition, participants must submit their entries using the Online Application form. Ensure that your essay adheres to the competition’s rules and guidelines before submitting.
The deadline for submitting entries to the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition is June 30, 2023. Don’t miss out on this chance to participate in a renowned writing program and have your voice heard.
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition offers young people a platform to express their views on global issues and engage with others in the Commonwealth community. By participating in this Essay writing competition, you’ll develop your writing skills, network with like-minded individuals, and contribute to the ongoing dialogue about the world’s most pressing challenges. Embrace the power of youth and seize this opportunity to make a difference today.